Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mojo Monday Week 96

Hi again,

This week has been great, I've managed to do quite a few cards! Time to try the Mojo Monday Week 96 sketch.....I love the simplicity and balance of this sketch. Check out their blog - there are more than 250 samples of cards made with this sketch! It is really cool to see how different every card can be.
I decided to go really bright and funky with this card sketch, so I used the Pink Flamingo DSP from SU. I must admit initially I wasn't quite sure how I could use these bright funky chirpy papers when I got them, but now that I've used it, I am loving it! And guess what, a real coincidence, this week the talented Makeesha also used strips of this DSP in her scrap page and it looks fantastic! A pure coincidence!

I altered the sketch a bit and made an A5 card instead of a square card, and used 1" strips of patterned paper. Once again, I used my corner rounder punch to create scallop edges on my black circle. And finally markers for the colorful sentiment. My husband even gave a nod of approval when he saw this card *wink*.
Supplies all from Stampin' Up unless mentioned:
  • Ink: all markers - Cameo Coral, Tempting Turquoise, summer Sun, Real Red
  • Paper: Pink Flamingo DSP, Real Red and Basic Black cardstock
  • Stamp: Occasional Greetings
  • Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Fiskars circle cutter, Corner Rounder Punch, Felt fusion flowers, Diamante brad
Hope you like this one! I would love to see your creations, if you have done a card with this sketch, or with the Pink Flamingo papers!

x Julia

1 comment:

Lloyd Family said...

Wow, Julia, I love the bright colors!! You are very talented, I hope business is booming . . . I would book a show, but the airfare might break my bank :)
Michelle

Reflections

And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men. Col 3:23

Visitors