this time I am trying two challenges at one go, by the talented ladies Amy Rvsavy and Makeesha Byl:
Here is what I came up with:
and a close up of the Rock n Roll technique on the flowers:
Card Recipe (all from SU except circle cutter):
- Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Tres Chic, Family Phrases
- Paper: P. Pomegranate, Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
- Ink: P. Pomegranate, Regal Rose, Basic Black, Versamark
- Accessories: Chunky Glitter, Tombow Adhesive, P. Pomegranate db stitched ribbon, Word Window Punch, Silver brads, Scallop Edge Punch, 1/16" circle Punch, Fiskars Circle cutter, dimensionals
- Techniques: Rock n Roll (Regal Rose and P. Pomegranate), Sponging
I love the Tres Chic background stamp - it makes any cardstock look glamorous instantly! I might have overdone the chunky glitter on the flowers :) I would never have put this color combo together - not something I would normally use - but it is growing on me. I sure will miss P. Pomegranate when it retires!
Here are the other cards I did with Keesh's colour challenge combo. These cards are quick and easy as I used lots of punches. I used Baroque Motifs stamp set and Large Oval Punch here. I can't wait to get the new Wide Oval Punch come 1 Apr with the new IBC!!! I taught this card layout at a recent class and I LOVE this sketch from Becky Fleck who is from US and very talented!
Thanks Amy and Keesh for your lovely challenges!
Update: Wow I am so thrilled Keesh picked my card as the winner!!! It made my day! And Amy picked my card among the top 10!! woohoo! :) Check out their websites to look at all the gorgeous samples everyone submitted.