Thursday, March 12, 2009

Inkspirations Colour Challenge #5

Hi!

It seems I am using Blue Bayou a lot nowadays!! I thought I would try the talented Keesh's colour challenge again since it has Blue Bayou and this time I am loving the Real Red with the Blue Bayou. Challenges and deadlines are good for me - they make me sit down and finish what I need to finish!

Here is the colour challenge:


And here is what I submitted:




So here you go, my first scrapbook page for my blog. I think I need to practise more with my photography :P It looks better in real life. I hope you like it as much as I do and you are inspired to get your photos out and start scrappin'!!! My aim was to challenge myself and not ink the edges. Those of you who know me, that is one of my favourite techniques, so it is a challenge indeed not to do it! Also I wanted to try and create a fresh, clean and simple look. Here's what I used:

Stamp sets: Hostess level 2 In the Spotlight; Polka Dot background stamp
Accessories: Blue Bayou db stitched ribbon, Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, Small Oval Punch, Scallop Edge Punch. Jewels from Heidi Swapp. Rub On title from Making Memories.
TIP: Use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line your background stamp perfectly. I am finding this tool a must-have!!

I must say I am quite happy with what I did. I have not scrapped for a while and this challenge was good for me - i happened to have a photo of my little girl in that beautiful red and I thought it would be just perfect for this colour challenge!! And her cute red cardigan goes so well with the polka dot theme happening in both stamp sets I used. I think this is actually the first time I scrapped a layout without a single piece of patterned paper!

What do you think.....love to hear your comments!

x Julia

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so cute! The photo fits the colour challenge well. Love the layered stamping!

Chook said...

I think your page is lovely Julia.

Anonymous said...

WOW Julia, that is a beautiful page! The colours work wonderfully, and I love the row of flowers you have created! Thanks so much for playing! Love Keesh x

Reflections

And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men. Col 3:23

Visitors