Thursday, July 23, 2009

Amy Rvsavy Friday Sketch #72 and Keesh's Colour Challenge #10


Hi Everyone

I managed to find time to do Amy and Keesh's Sketch and Colour Challenge this week. I love how Amy's sketch turned out, and also Keesh's colour combo! Initially I found her colour combo a bit difficult but after trying it out, it is a beautiful colour combo! Thanks to Amy and Keesh for their sketch and colour challenge.

Here are the sketch and colours and my cards:




The first highlight for me in this card was cutting out the 3.5" circle in Mellow Moss (using Fiskars circle cutter) and then creating the scallop edge with my Corner Rounder Punch from Stampin' Up!. It took a bit of patience but it looks lovely! I love my SU scallop circle punch which is super duper quick and cute, but sometimes it is not big enough for what I want, so here comes the corner rounder punch to the rescue. I'd be happy to demonstrate this at your next workshop/class, just ask me.

The 2nd highlight : I finally got a chance to use the Fine SuperNova glitter from Stampin' Up! This comes in a pack of 5 gorgeous colours - Choc Chip, Olive, Orange, Pink, Aqua, all for $26.95. All I did was to colour part of this cute bird with my 2 way Glue Pen and then pour the pink glitter (which matched perfectly to Rose Red). LOVE it!

The 3rd highlight was to use my scissors to distress the edges of the papers - thanks Bernie for your great tip! Now this is a fantastic quick technique, lovely for rustic looking cards, and doesn't cost a cent! Try it!

OK here are the supplies used (all Stampin Up unless mentioned):
  • Ink: Always Artichoke, Choc Chip, Mellow Moss, Basic Black
  • Stamps: Friends 24-7, Short & Sweet, So Swirly wheel, En Francais
  • Paper: Rose Red DSP (retired), Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Very Vanilla
  • Accessories: Linen Thread, Rose Red Db Stitch Grosgrain Ribbon, Button Latte, Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, Fiskars circle cutter, Corner Rounder Punch
Have a great week!

x Julia

No comments:

Reflections

And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men. Col 3:23

Visitors